Join us May 3, 10, 24, and 31. (No May 17 due to the long weekend).
Today we came up with free or nearly free things to do in Cochrane and area for June, July and August.
- Cochrane FCSS outdoor play at various parks (see Cochrane Activity Guide that comes out May 1 or go to Activity Guide spring/summer
- Cochrane Parent Link has outdoor play as well. Check their Monthly calendar for activities as well as the Activity Guide. ParentLink monthly calendar
- Relax with a picnic in one of Cochrane’s 37 parks and playgrounds
- Once a month the town has an Art Walk
- Big Hill Springs Provincial Park is close by and lots of fun.
- Glenbow Ranch Provincial Park
- Fish Creek Provincial Park has lots to do as well as a lake with beach for swimming.
- Bowness Park has a wading pool/splash park and a great new playground.
- Free Splash park Airdrie Splash Park
For a fee but worth it:
- Pick Saskatoon berries in July! Solstace Berry Farm
- Granary Road is just south of Calgary
- Calaway Park is free for 2 and under, season’s pass is $50 until May 21 which is a great deal.
- This is a bit pricey but the indoor play area for little ones is awesome and the outdoor creative playground is super cool Spark Science Centre
- Butterfield Acres is great for kids who love animals. If you plan on going a few times, the season’s pass is a great deal.
- Cochrane Family Sports Centre has drop in activities like bouncy castles that are low fee. On the home page in the top right corner, click on “Drop-In Activities”. You have to look through all of the facilities to see what is available. For instance, the bouncers are set up in the “Curling Rink” (like this weekend) or sometimes in a Totem Arena. You have to look a bit. Its a brutal website.
Lots of Facebook groups in Cochrane and Calgary, I’m sure there are more but these are what I know about:
- Cochrane Hiking Group for Kids
- 52 Things Cochrane
- Rad Moms
- Hike It Baby
- Look up your community Facebook group (Bow Meadows, East End, etc.)
Please reach out to each other and have fun!
We will see you in September on Friday the 13th!
We will be hosting a Vacation Bible School (summer day camp) from 9-4 the week of July 29-August 2 for $125 Camp Caravan Day Camp.
Feel free to contact me with questions or concerns at any point in the summer. If you are arranging a play date, let me know about it, I’d love to come see you! (I might even bring treats!).
Sara Perrin 403-932-2585
Family Ministry Coordinator